Even the most ardent health food fans will agree that deep fried food simply enhances the taste of a dish to the next level altogether. We might argue that we should adopt healthy cooking options like steaming, grilling, boiling etc., but the fact remains that the satisfaction that the tummy gets after having deep-fried delicacies is totally different.
Today, technology has made it possible to have an array of advanced appliances at our disposal. These appliances empower us to prepare crispy and tasty fried food easily and efficiently without any mess.
Here are few deep fryer recipes that you should definitely try in your deep fryer.
- Arancini: To make this classic Italian treat in your own kitchen, proceed by taking chicken broth in your curry cooker and bringing it to boil. Stir in arborio rice, minced onion, butter, and garlic to it. Cover and let it cook on low heat until rice gets tender. Now switch the appliance off and add Parmesan and pepper. When it gets cooled slightly, mix 3 tablespoons of beaten eggs to it and refrigerate it for approximately 2 hours. Now make balls of this mixture and tuck in a Fontina cube in the centre. Roll these balls in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs and deep fry it. Have it with warm marinara dip.
- Fried Butterflied Shrimp: Take large shrimps, peeled, deveined and butterflied. Make a mixture of water, corn starch, and eggs. Dip the shrimps into this mixture and then roll on breadcrumbs. Repeat the process again and deep fry them till they get a golden-brown colour.
- Crispy Fried Fish: Whisk together some all-purpose flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Now add beer to it and make sure no dry lumps remain. Dip the fish slices in this batter and then carefully place it into your deep-fryer. Wait till it gets golden brown and crispy, which takes only a few minutes.
- Sweet Potato Fries: For the seasoning, mix together some paprika, garlic powder, salt and sugar and keep aside. In a bowl, whisk together some club soda and corn starch. Now dip sweet potato in this batter and fry them in the deep fryer until crispy. Sprinkle the seasoning you made earlier and enjoy.
- Classic Hot Wings: Hot wings are all-time favourite for most of the people. Put chicken wings in the deep fryer and fry till golden brown and cooked. Take out on paper towels. Now heat some butter and cayenne sauce over medium-low heat. Add hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to it. As it starts bubbling, turn off the heat. Toss the wings in this sauce and bake for 15 minutes.
- Fried Avocado Bites: Avocado is extremely healthy and you can have it in a number of ways. If you are not an avocado fan, try these delicious, fried avocado bites and you will turn into one. Scoop out 12 chunks from each avocado half, sprinkle some salt and freeze for an hour. Next whisk together flour, egg and a pinch of salt in soda water. Submerge the avocado chunks in this batter and place in hot oil. Fry them turning frequently until they get a deep golden-brown colour. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and enjoy with a dipping sauce.
There are numerous recipes that you can try in your deep fryer, so keep enjoying.